I love Loni Jane! She’s beautiful, healthy, about to have a baby, and totally and completely inspiring. I’m not a vegetarian, let alone a vegan, let alone a raw vegan, omnivore/paleo BUT I have taken such inspiration from many vegans to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet. Recently she went public with how she turned her life around by becoming a raw vegan and the media completely twisted everything she said like they do with so many others. I hate that so much! I hate when people judge other people’s weight and diets.
We have rolling news these days but the idiot media didn’t take into account that NOTHING happens 24/7 around the world that’s interesting enough to drop what you’re doing and watch the television, so instead they have to sensationalize everything to get a rise out of the public. Then of course the public are complete sheep…
TOTALLY OBSESSED with these Dr. Marten Cherry Red Arcadia Chelsea Boots. The Cherry Red Arcadia are my faves but I also love them in the Smooth Black and Gaucho Crazy Horse (rugged work boot brown) colors. I don’t hate them in the classic Dr Marten Cherry Red Smooth Color but they just don’t do anything for me and I really don’t like them in the Navy Arcadia at all because it’s patent. The Cherry Red Arcadia are beautiful and classic and I think they’ll age really well and I can wear them all year round really. I am getting a pair of these, in this exact color, very soon courtesy of my mom LOL (love her!)
1. Drawing: I’ve been working on my drawing. I’m still a very remedial artist LOL. But I want this to happen. I want to be able to draw my fashion creations. Having my own line of handbags is very important to me. It’s very important to be able to draw what you want to be made before you can send it off to be made. The people making it need a visual lol. I want to be able to draw out the creations that I come up with and I also want to learn how to use photoshop and illustrator. Right now my plan is to draw everyday and go slow and keep going no matter how frustrated I get. I do see that the slower I go the less frustrated that I get.
2. Nursing: Still doing pre-reqs. This semester was hard. My GPA took a MAJOR hit! I’ll be retaking the two classes I’ve done horrible in this semester past. I’ll be retaking one this semester and the other next semester but I’ll be taking three classes in all this semester: re-taking A&P I, Microbiology, and US History II AKA the GPA booster. Then I’ll be re-taking Chemistry the semester after this one coming up along with Statistics and any other classes that’ll boost my GPA. I’m also switching to a campus that is closer to my home so instead of an hour and eighteen minute commute, I’ll have a forty-five minute one by car but hopefully I’ll be having someone to at leas take me to school every morning and pick me up but if not both, I’ll hopefully have someone to at least take me to school in the mornings. Long commutes can be really hard on you. I’ve been doing the hour plus commute for almost two years now and I have to say it’s been dragging me down for A VERY LONG TIME. I love the campus that I’ve been studying on but the commute is a killer and it’s a bus stop on every corner, it ALWAYS crowded, the bus can break down and traffic be congested which makes that commute EVEN LONGER than the HOUR and 18 minutes (which I believe is more like 30 on average) it already is!! I also know that I will be spending more time at the library that is close to my home. I cannot study at my house. My father is a total pain in the ass who is always annoying me. But I do get distracted by my own stuff like surfing the net and reading everything but my textbooks. Anyway, here’s to a better Fall 2013!! I’m going to keep my head up and keep going.
3. Thinking about the future: ALWAYS! And always worrying about it.
Right now I’m reading The Secret. I have to say, so far I’m really liking it and it is inspiring me. I’m on a part of the book that talks about gratitude and how gratitude can change your life. I don’t think everyone has heard that before, though I’m sure a lot of people have, I’ve heard it before. My mother has always told me: “Be grateful!” (sometimes shouted it lol). It’s not something you really think about when you’re younger, but now that I’m older I am. I want to be grateful for what I have, less selfish, more giving. Rhonda and all of the teachers in The Secret say that you can’t get further in life, change your life, get more out of it and all of the things that you don’t have but want, if you’re not grateful for the things and people that you already have. So without further ado, here is a list of things that I’m grateful for, that I came up with this afternoon:
1. My mom
2. My health
3. Waking up this morning
4. The past 19, almost 20, years I’ve spent on Earth
5. My grandaddy (may he RIP)
6. My brother
7. My house
8. The food on my table
9. My dreams and ambitions
10. My college experiences so far and all of the amazing people I’ve met so far
11. Living in a democracy
12. Being free
13. Being ME!
I’m sure there are other things that I’m grateful for and I’ll be adding those things/people to my list. I want to start every morning saying what I’m grateful for. (It can be kind of hard as I’m SO NOT a morning person and so when I wake up I just want to be grouchy and complain LOL)
Okay so I was just surfing the net & this website with these two cool Vegan grocery lists popped up. I’m posting the links to the grocery lists here and here! The first is from Oprah and the second from Katie. They’re amazing, big lists, very comprehensive; wonderful for those of us who are still at the beginning of the journey to being vegan/vegetarian or just want to incorporate more of the lifestyle into their lives.